When I started a healthy lifestyle, it was a challenge finding protein bars that I liked! Until I found a quick and simple recipe on Body Building and started baking my own. Homemade protein bars allows for creativity with ingredients and provides comfort in knowing exactly what your eating.
All substitutions are in parentheses
Video Article: Jamie Eason's Chocolate Protein Bars
Jamie Eason Chocolate Protein Bars
1 cup oat flour
4 egg whites
2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (Jillian Michael's Whey Protein)
1/3 cup (or less) Stevia in the Raw (Brown Sugar)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
8 oz berry flavored baby food (Apple Sauce)
3 tbsp baking cocoa
4 oz water (Almond Milk)
1oz Walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the following together in a large bowl:
- Oat Flour
- Protein Powder
- Baking Soda
- Baking Cocoa
3. Mix the following together in a small bowl:
- Egg Whites
- Stevia in the Raw
- Baby Food
4. Combine the ingredients from the small bowl into the large bowl and mix together.
5. Spray 8X8 dish (I use Pyrex) with non-stick spray & add batter to the dish.
6. Bake for 20-30 minutes in oven.
Makes 16 squares
Serving size = 2 bars
Fat: 1.4 g
Carbs: 12 g
Protein: 10 g
OK Tips: Get creative! Add your favorite nuts and/or fruits! Once the protein bars have cooled, separate them into Ziploc bags or Saran Wrap so you can grab-and-go! You MUST store these in the refrigerator or freezer as they will spoil because they have no preservatives!